Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Avanti Rims and carpeting

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Rims and carpeting

I'm replacing the rims on my Avanti with new ones. Where the original rims on the Avanti painted black or where they white ?

Also, I just received the replacement carpeting. Whats the best type of glue/or way to use to install the replacement pieces ? How do you remove and install the strip and carpet piece from the driver and passenger doors ?

quote:Originally posted by bonehead007

I'm replacing the rims on my Avanti with new ones. Where the original rims on the Avanti painted black or where they white ?

Also, I just received the replacement carpeting. Whats the best type of glue/or way to use to install the replacement pieces ? How do you remove and install the strip and carpet piece from the driver and passenger doors ?

the rims were painted ALMOND, and the carpet is not glued down, carpet screws were used, door panels haave to come off and then bend the tabs on the strip and take off, remove carpet, put new carpet pieces on, replace the metal strip, be very carefull, they are very hard to find and very very expensive when you find them.

hope it helps,
    Linda

Comment

Avanti carpets are glued down, use spray trim and carpet glue or contact cement. The door panel carpets are glueds and the vinyl trim is wrapped arround and stapled.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
      64 GT Hawk
      64 R2 4 speed Challenger
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
      53 Street rod
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
      X