This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by wcarroll@outrageous.net

Here is a link with the Phantom Front Suspension kit info.

http://www.studebakervendors.com/phantom.htm#ANCHORTOP

Roy -It says the kit will fit '51 and up. Not sure what is so different about '50 and earlier cars. Maybe some others could shed some light on this?
    '51-66 cars (actualy, also including the early Chevy powered Avanti II's) have essentially the same suspension. '50 and earlier cars don't share any of the front suspension parts of the '51-66 cars.

-Dick-
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Roy, that kit will not fit a '50. The 50's front suspension is way different in layout.[V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Roy:

Mr. Biggs can comment on this better than me, but the 1950 is a one year only setup, both front suspension, brakes etc. I am almost sure that the kit will not fit.

Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        58 C Cab
        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

The Tremec TKO 500 and 600 transmissions have the same bolt pattern as the Ford toploader which is different than the T5's.

Looks like you have an interesting project going. When do you expect to finish it?

David L
          David L

Comment

Hey 64Avanti -I hope to have the car together by Spring. Then I'll probably spend the remainder of my life making it perfect!

Comment

Working...
            X