Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

62 GT Hawk

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 GT Hawk

I am relatively new to the Studebaker arena and am trying to restore a 62 Hawk GT-- Can someone tell me what interchangability is for the frame.....what years and models are common and would fit ?

quote:Originally posted by collectorfig

I am relatively new to the Studebaker arena and am trying to restore a 62 Hawk GT-- Can someone tell me what interchangability is for the frame.....what years and models are common and would fit ?
    '53-64 Coupe and Hardtop (C and K model) frames will fit (some minor bracket changes), but you probably want to stick with a 62-64 frame. The frames got thicker metal as the years progressed. The GT Hawk frames are the thickest.

What is your reason for seeking a new frame?

-Dick-
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Sugestions wanted for the order of rebuilding - i.e. start with the weather stripping - secure the body from rust then go to the running gear? Currently the garage is not avialable but the car runs (somewhat.)
      Thanks[?]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by swan hawk

Sugestions wanted for the order of rebuilding - i.e. start with the weather stripping - secure the body from rust then go to the running gear? Currently the garage is not avialable but the car runs (somewhat.)
        Thanks[?]
        Depends upon how "deep" you are going to get into it. If it will be a complete restoration, the usual process is mechanicals (engine, trans, suspension, rear end, etc.), then body work and paint (then weather stripping, window seals, etc.), then interior.

-Dick-

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I agree with Dick S's comments, with one caveat. If you are going to do any driving of the car during your "restoration" process, start with brakes, followed by steering/suspension.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X