No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flightomatic

    I have a 62 Hawk,to get a replacement pan gasket,for one that leaks,what model is this considered to be a BW 8 BW 12 or a ford small or medium case?? I am considering buying a paper and rubber kit to seal things up. thanks Lou [8D]

  • #2
    Your 62 GT does not have a Ford 289 but a Studebaker built 289.If U need seals & gaskets seach Studebaker International or SASCO,they have all the correct stuff & at reasonable prices


    • #3
      I think he's asking about a pan gasket for the tranny, not the engine.

      Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

      1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.


      • #4
        Flight-0-matic is the name of your trans. The pan gasket is the same for the FX/MX, FMX or Powershift versions.

        is the site for overhaul parts. You can ID the gasket on the bottom of the page. Your NAPA place should have one on the shelf. The younger counter-bots might relate to an FMX

        Bob Johnstone
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)