Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Myer's Studebaker Core Charges

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myer's Studebaker Core Charges

Recently, I posted a question on the right amount of time for core charges to be refunded. I received several answers and I called today and heard an "attitude" from I believe is the daughter or daughter-in-law, over the phone's background.

The fact is the cores were shipped back on 8/22/2005 from the Eustis pack and ship. Today is 10/12/2005 and I have not received a copy of the large credit for over $500.00 Only after I heard the "attitude" on the phone, did I decide to write this note. So far I purchased $4,474.00 in parts from Myer's Studebaker.

This is not like going to the 7/11 store and getting an attitude from a clerk making $7.50 an hr.

Core charge refunds should be a number one priority for a business selling parts and holding my money. This is not the way I do business or will do business with people with a "crappy attitude". She should be fired for incompentence and losing business.

Roger Hansen
    Mt. Dora, Fl.

Is the core charge, to be sent?

Comment

Were the core(s) in acceptable condition?
      Did they receive them (did you send the cores return receipt requested?)
      "Attitude" is always a hot button subject.
      On this forum we do not know all the details enough to make a competent judgement. We don't know what the original agreement was.
      Her 'attitude' may well have been a reaction to your 'attitude'.
      Perhaps if the situation cannot be resolved between the two parties, then a small claims court filing may be in order.

Something sounds amiss here, as I have not had any problem dealing with this vendor, either as a buyer, or a seller.
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mtdoraford

Recently, I posted a question on the right amount of time for core charges to be refunded. I received several answers and I called today and heard an "attitude" from I believe is the daughter or daughter-in-law, over the phone's background.

The fact is the cores were shipped back on 8/22/2005 from the Eustis pack and ship. Today is 10/12/2005 and I have not received a copy of the large credit for over $500.00 Only after I heard the "attitude" on the phone, did I decide to write this note. So far I purchased $4,474.00 in parts from Myer's Studebaker.

This is not like going to the 7/11 store and getting an attitude from a clerk making $7.50 an hr.

Core charge refunds should be a number one priority for a business selling parts and holding my money. This is not the way I do business or will do business with people with a "crappy attitude". She should be fired for incompentence and losing business.

Roger Hansen
      Mt. Dora, Fl.
      DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
      '37 Coupe Express
      '37 Coupe Express Trailer
      '61 Hawk

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I've had a problem with this vendor myself. Seems the only recourse is to no longer deal with these kinds of individuals. And I do not have an attitude problem--not unless I'm backed into a corner by a "crappy" attitude or service from a vendor. Some of these people seem to have an attitude like "we should feel lucky they are in business or we'd have no one to purchase from". I won't give them my repeat business. Only my two cents worth, but I really get upset with a few of the "club suppliers" and nothing ever seems to get done about it by way of improvement.
        wagone

Comment

We have a questionable supplier of goods in another car club I belong to. This man found out the hard way when chat people got exchanging stories. As said,there are two sides to every story. I hope the core situation resolves positive for both parties.

Comment

Sounds like the score on this topic is two for the bad, 2 for asking questions...has anyone else had any business with these folks?? Good, Bad...etc??? We as Stude restorers and drivers need to know whom we can trust with our money and who we can't..I hope this all works out as well, but I'll think twice before doing business with the before mentioned supplier..I know there is two sides to every story, but there are also 2 folks in this thread who may have got the raw end of the deal..[V]

Comment

I have bought from Myers and gotten questions about certain R1/R2 Stude issues answered without any problems or attitude.

Dan White
              64 R1 GT
              64 R2 GT
              Dan White
              64 R1 GT
              64 R2 GT
              58 C Cab
              57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

I've dealt with Myer Studebaker many times and it has always been fine. In fact Jon Myer helped several times in one day when I had questions regarding a tach sender that I did not even purchase from him directly. I think Jon and his son (sorry I forget his name) have gone out of their way to provide scarce NOS and good used parts and perhaps more importantly to provide information as to what part is correct, especially when it comes to performance parts on the R1 and R2 cars.
                Tim K.
                Tim K.
                \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

I have known Jon Myers since the 60's when he was in Culver City, we used to race each other out at San Fernando Raceway. He is a straight shooter and a good guy to do business with but when the Old Lady is on the rag watch out.

Comment

Roger, please keep us updated on this. That is a sizeable chunk of change and the vendor should have taken care of this before now. I find whenever communication stops or is one sided, it is a bad sign.

53commander HDTP
                    53 Champion HDTP
                    61 Cursed Purple Hawk
                    64 Champ long bed V8
                    64 GT
                    64 Champ long bed V8
                    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Many of you apparently have had good relations with Mr. Myer. I wish I could report that mine has been good also. I've got (only) some hundred dollars down the tubes with him as he sold me a component which was not suitable for our cars. He won't get any more of my business as when I spoke to him about it he lost his cool and had a definite "attitude". I hope that the originator of this thread can work it out with Mr. Myer.
                      wagone

Comment

Did he sell you what you asked for?
                        Was what he sold you defective?
                        Was the product damaged?
                        What do you mean by unsuitable?

Vendors relationships are 'usually' hard earned and fiercly protected.
                        In both of these cases I see as many questions that need to be asked and answered on both sides....
                        I do hope that Myers at least gets the opportunity to reply....if they choose to.
                        The proper place would be between the two parties involved.
                        I hate to see dirty laundry aired out here... It just stinks up the place.
                        Jeff

quote:Originally posted by wagone

Many of you apparently have had good relations with Mr. Myer. I wish I could report that mine has been good also. I've got (only) some hundred dollars down the tubes with him as he sold me a component which was not suitable for our cars. He won't get any more of my business as when I spoke to him about it he lost his cool and had a definite "attitude". I hope that the originator of this thread can work it out with Mr. Myer.
                        wagone
                        DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
                        '37 Coupe Express
                        '37 Coupe Express Trailer
                        '61 Hawk

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I agree with Deepnhock that this is not the place to air dirty laundry and hence I will drop this thread. But mtdoraford appears to have a point.
                          wagone

Comment

I personally have no problem with some one posting a Stude vendor issue after they have tried everything to get it rectified. We can't go down to the local auto zone or Napa and get the items to restore or keep our cars up, for the most part. I'm not sure why our experiences dealing with Stude vendors should be a "secret" as most of us that own Studebakers depend on the vendors for parts. 2 months for not recieving a 500.00 credit is more than most of us would accept and a good thing to know the next time one needs the same type service. Customer service is certainly an issue I would consider before purchasing an item and how else do you learn about it?

53commander HDTP
                            53 Champion HDTP
                            61 Cursed Purple Hawk
                            64 Champ long bed V8
                            64 GT
                            64 Champ long bed V8
                            55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                            53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

How can months go by with no communication from the vendor? If the cores were not acceptable for credit the buyer should have been notified so he could make a choice of their disposition. Did the cores ever arrive at Myers address. Does the customer have a receipt showing that shipment was made? As a former shop owner this whole thing just doesn't smell right. I have dealt with crooks both wholesalers and customers and hate both kinds. I have had email conversations with Myers but have not made any purchases from them.
                              An explanation from Myers would be helpful to those of us who may be future customers.

Comment

Working...
                              X