Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

points or electronic ignition

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transtar60
    replied
    For electronic conversion(like Pertronix) check with Cathcart(www.studebakervendors.com) or Dave T-bow has new Champion distribs for 12 volt applications.(see ad in TW)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    the six volt is not a problem
    the cars been convert to twelve volt already

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    Probably easier to pull the distributor and work on it while it's clamped in a bench vice. Just make sure to put it back in the way it came out (might want to put it to #1 TDC just to make sure before you pull it) that way if you drop any screws you can just turn it upside down and start over, and you're not leaning over the fender while you're working

I don't know if any 6V electronic ignitions are available...

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic points or electronic ignition

points or electronic ignition

im wanting to replace the points in my 50 champ
    where can i get these at saco or where or can they be purchased at my F.L.A.P.S.

also should i just drop that idea and switch it over to electronic ignition and where can i get the kit

oh yeah one last thing
    i never have evan opened the dist cap on my car
    how hard are these point to install

ive change lots of old ford and chevy points but dont evan have the faintest idea whats under the cap on a stude

im one of these if it works leave it alone people but im getting some difficulty starting and some hesitation
    my dad (an ol school hot rod shade tree) says clean the points

well screw that if im gonna do it why not do it right and either replace them or upgrade
Working...
X