Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

need avanti radiator

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need avanti radiator

I need a radiator for a 63 Avanti, mine is destroyed. Is there a radiator that would crossover to the avanti?

63 R2 Avanti

I had mine recored 10 years ago, 3 row. It's been fine, car runs proper temp and fitment wasn't an issue.

R2 R5388

Comment

Thanks, I was thinking about using an aluminum one but really don't want the hassle of making it fit. Also thanks alan for your advice on the pulleys.

63 R2 Avanti

Comment

I'm having a new radiator built with the old tank and hardware by Hermans Radiator service, at 32304 St. Rd. 44, Eustis, Fl. 32736 The new core is running $220, with fins closer together. With the rebuilt engine I will use distilled water from day one and never have a cooling problem. For all the men out there, this radiator is being built by a woman. Yes, that is correct and she knows more about cooling a car, than I ever guessed. Call Alice Flootman at 352-357-2981 for radiator and gas tank repairs.

I had a custom built aluminum radiator for my last project and what a piece of junk, [u]Cooled by Ice </u>used fittings you can't find anywhere. You should find a radiator re-builder in any large city.

Keep it cool![8D]

Comment

Working...
        X