Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

hillholder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hillholder

Hello from Holland,this afternoon when I was bleeding the hh I found a leak coming thru the seal gasket, can anyone tell me the thickness and inner and outer diameter and maybe the stude partnr.,thanks.
    lm waterreus oud -beijerland

I don't know about diameters but thickness is shown for these TWO different seals, both of which are made of copper.

#185165 is 33/64" and is available from SASCO for $1.70

#185164 is 39/64" and is also available for $1.70

Sorry, but I can't say for certain which of these if any fit YOUR particular hill holder, since I don't KNOW which one you have. There were a number of different hillholders that were used thru the years.[B)]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

mr. biggs thanks,I think I need a rubber seal around the shaft coming out of it and linked to the clutch system,I know this is tiny part but when I have to go thru this kind of problems ,I am searching for the right measurements and materials for days and maybe weeks en a lot of bleeding,so this is the reason and I dont have apartsbook yet,still only the big workshopmanual,greetings lmw

Comment

Here's a seal kit on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...spagenameZWDVW

SI has them. Page 167 of their catalog...

http://www.studebaker-intl.com/Resources/Part%209.pdf

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

The hill holder repair kit is 526633 at Studebaker International for $18.80 includes cam plug gasket and washer.

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

THanks very much for the numbers,mr.biggs stude rich and dick

Comment

Working...
            X