Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Safely out of New Orleans

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safely out of New Orleans

To all my associates out in Studebaker land.

As many of you recall until 2 years ago I lived in New Orleans. I got out, moving to AZ, with all 5 of my Studies, but I'm sure some of my friends were not so fortunate.

One encouraging note is that there were not too many Studebakers there. When any hot rod or classic car function happened, often times my Stude(s) would be the only one(s) in the show. There was a fine Avanti that showed up sometimes and a few other random Studes.

There was no active club in south LA, so we always had to motor upstate to particapate in Stude events.

Thankful for guardian aangels. They must have been watching over me and my family when we made the decision to move out!
    Regards
    Ken Michael

Say! Wasn't our own Kevin Sheen from that area. Merchant Marine guy - had just gotten back from a tour of duty and was looking to iron out some things on his Champ truck.
    Sure hope he an his weren't affected adversly![V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I do know of an Avanti and a 51 2R5 that were flooded. The 51 wasn't in great shape either, but the Avanti was nice.

Matthew Burnette
      [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/yelstude2.jpg [/img]
      63 Daytona HT
      lots more Studes
      lotsa parts too
      http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstude101

Comment

Working...
      X