Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

studebaker radiator replacement

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studebaker radiator replacement

has anyone found a replacement radiator that will fit hawks and larks V8? any cores available that will fit studebaker radiator frames? thanks henry cavedo

Any decent radiator shop can recore your existing radiator. Cores are readily available to them (the shops). I've recently had 2 or 3 recored and the cost was in the $225 range.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Henry,
      Sounds like you maybe don't have a radiator to recore? Radiator shops get core material in blocks that they can cut to fit any configuration. They use the same blocks for heater cores, which are much smaller than radiators.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
      X