Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

'62 half-ton truck wheel upgrade

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '62 half-ton truck wheel upgrade

I am wanting to change from my 15" wheels to say 16 or 17" on my '62 truck and perhaps on my '64 truck. Im am wondering what is out there that will match my lug pattern. E.G., can I use a Ford truck wheel?
    Thanks

Have a look at this thread: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...?TOPIC_ID=1471 . There's a lot of helpful info there. Basically, the Stude trucks have a 5 lug, 5" diameter pattern, like Chevy trucks. I bought a Chevy wheel the other day to test with, and the guy at the junkyard said anything from 74 on up will work, even off many of the large Chevy cars. The wheel I got was from a '87 C-10, and looks like it will fit. It has a little less backspace, but there appears to be plenty of room inside the fenders for when I change out to these wheels.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

You probably won't have any problems till turning. I have installed larger tires on my stock rims and run into this problem. The tires rub on the front of the wheelwell when turning.

Lotsa Larks!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Studeclunker
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
      X