Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

spring rate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring rate

does anyone know the spring rate or lenth extended of front coils on a 64 lark?

slow64
    1964 lark daytona
    bd_marks@yahoo.com

Benny,

What part number springs? Different springs will be different lengths. I have a set from a '64 F body (2 door sedan, V8) out of the car right now that I can measure, let me know if this is similar to what you are talking about.

Paul
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Yeah - they had standard duty and heavy duty springs, 6cyl & V8 springs and even had different springs from left to right to accomodate such things as the added weight of A/C.
      I could be wrong but I think most of the vendors only offer HD replacement coils.[8)]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

kind of off the topic but i kind of remember a dicussion on spring isolators and someone had posted a site for new ones. I believe it was a ford site, anyone have a clue?

Comment

Stude springs should be 5 1/2" O.D. by 14" freestanding length and a working height of 10", the diference between std. and HD the std. are .625 and thew HD's are .643" in thickness of the wire. Most of the springs that I have checked out have been around 270 lbs. inch for the HD's and 225 lbs. inch for the standards at 10". Chevy springs could be used but they are working height of 9" or 11" depending on model that and they are not ground flat on the ends. I have found that if you have the 11 inchers ground flat it costs more than buying them from a vendor.

Comment

Working...
          X