Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Part source for 1950 9G convertible

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part source for 1950 9G convertible

I think the part number is 2369-50(page 160,plate #23-20,page #160 in Body Parts Catalog). It is a potted metal plate that screws into the rail on the convertible frame near a pivot. It was soldered by original owner but broke again(after I have had the car for several years)..tried to get it welded but didn't work and that material just seems to be too brittle and almost dissolves with a welding torch..unlike most other metals). I can't raise/lower top until I get it fixed. Did briefley discuss it with another convertible owner when I was in South Bend in May and he had same problem...found a source who made(fabricated) the part in a heavy brass. Any ideas of sourcing for the part or another solution? Thanks,Chuck

If you've found someone who can make it out of brass for you - you've found your answer.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
    X