Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

What's it called?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it called?

There is a grease fitting on the inboard side of my wheel hubs. Its not a standard zirc fitting. Is it called something else?
    Also I'm in the habit of using Lubriplate 730-2 all purpose grease for most anything. I've put it in my u-joint recently and it drops into gear silently now. Any comments from the gurus would be appreciated. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

You may be seeing the brake bleed nipples, they look like zerks. They would be located on the brake cylinder near where the brake line enters the back plate.

Comment

That's what I'm looking at. Thanks Bunzard. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

The Dana Rear end has a large plug(located inboard close to the rear wheel) that plug is changed to a large Zerk fitting, About 1/2 pump per year on each inner rear bearing.

Comment

Thanks Curt, I'll get under there again tomorrow when I put the truck up on blocks. Last chance as I'm off to my ship Monday and won't be home til January. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

Working...
          X