This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Puller (part 2)

I called the fine folks at SASCO to inquire about purchasing a drum puller. They did not have one but they were kind enough to refer me to a tool supply store in South Bend that had it.

It is a nifty tool that will not only fit my Lark, but should work on my air-cooled VWs as well. It has three arms with holes for the wheel studs. The best part is that it was only $128, including shipping to Chicago. One of the major Studebaker parts vendors lists a similar tool at $180+.

Here is where you buy it;
    Hoosier Tool Supply
    3009 W. Sample St.
    South Bend, IN 46619
    (574) 232-0033

Hopefully by tommorow it will be cool enough to go outside again and use this new tool. It has been really miserable here the last couple days. (Actually it's been a crappy summer, weatherwise.)

Paul Leske
    '59 Lark VI

Good deal Paul! The ones to avoid are the lightweight(in durability and useability) ones sold by JC Witless & Co.

Did you decide to rebuild your rear axle or replace it??

Comment

I am going to replace the rear axle eventually. I just want to pick it up and save shipping; plus it is a good excuse to see the Studebaker museum. I havent been there since the late 80's. I the meantime I will just keep topping off the diff. I am doing a major rehab of my farmhouse in WI and wont have time for old car work (other than keeping it going) until at least fall. I just have too many projects in the works right now but will get to it soon.

quote:Originally posted by Transtar60

Good deal Paul! The ones to avoid are the lightweight(in durability and useability) ones sold by JC Witless & Co.

Did you decide to rebuild your rear axle or replace it??
      Paul Leske
      '59 Lark VI

Comment

I recently saw the correct wheel puller for $80 Cdn at Princess Auto.

Comment

Working...
        X