Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Alan. Hey, have you ever heard of the factory rims haveing problems with the lug nuts pulling through the rims? Theres not a lot of meat there and it looks like a good curb hit would knock the wheel off. Hopefully, I won't have to worry about this long.
    Charley

63 R2 Avanti

Comment

Old wives tales I have never seen a rim damaged like that myself. And how often do you smack curbs anyway?

Comment

I found some Torque thrust D(4.5 bolt patt.) rims but not sure if they'll work. They are 15x7 for front and 15x8.5 for the back. They only have 3.5" backspace. Will that make them stick out from the wheel well??
        They have a set of tires on them. 2x225\50\r15 for the front and 2x245\50\r15 for the back. I'm pretty sure the front tires won't work, but what about the back?
        Thanks
        Charley

63 R2 Avanti

Comment

Charley, The fronts would work if you changed tires. but the rears would be a mess it would look like a *** car with reverse rims. The biggest rim I have ever run was a 15x8" with a 5 3/4" back space and 275x60's and they rubbed on every turn and bump, both against the springs and the fender.

Comment

Working...
          X