Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Boiling gas fixed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boiling gas fixed

Just a note to tell everyone how much I appreciate the advice. I would have never figured it out. My return line was the problem. I blew it out and the glass filter is and stays full for the first time since I owned the car! No more boiling\bubbling gas in the filter. I also changed the flapper valve and put a better quality carb base gasket on it and have noticed a big difference. Although now it seems the timing needs to be set again. Thanks again

63 R2 Avanti

quote:Originally posted by charley norton

Just a note to tell everyone how much I appreciate the advice. I would have never figured it out. My return line was the problem. I blew it out and the glass filter is and stays full for the first time since I owned the car! No more boiling\bubbling gas in the filter. I also changed the flapper valve and put a better quality carb base gasket on it and have noticed a big difference. Although now it seems the timing needs to be set again. Thanks again

63 R2 Avanti
    That's great to hear Charlie! Just one question though, when you say "flapper valve", are you talking about the heat riser on the R/H exhaust manifold?

Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com
    Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Hey Sonny. No, I was talking about the spring loaded flapper thingy in the air box. Now the only problem is the air box blew off the carb., stripping the threads inside the carb. I don't think it will be too tough a fix. Anyway, back to the hurricane!

63 R2 Avanti

Comment

Working...
      X