Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

remove '55 clip

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    I know how THAT works![V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    thanks for the help. I am hoping to get it off tomorrow. So that means probabley next week.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Besides the 3 you see, there's 3 or 4 that secure the inner fender's rear edge to the flanges on the firewall. Then there's two long bolts at the front of each of the frame horns. Make sure you take note of how many spacer washers are stacked up here. That and the NUMBER and THICKNESS of rubber spacer(s)(gaskets?)that are between the fenders and cowl. The way Studebaker built these cars was that the bodies came to the production line with the hood fitted and aligned to the body. Only AFTER this assy was bolted to the frame did the front clip get fitted and it was aligned to tthe already mated hood and body tub.
    If the 3 big chrome grille pieces are nice, I'd wanna take them off for safe keeping BEFORE I tried to remove the clip.[:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I see three bolts per side on the cowl. Is that correct or am I missing one or two?

Also, how many bolts should I be looking for on the frame mount?

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Pull the hood, front bumper/braces, and radiator and remove it as a unit. (just unbolt from the cowl, and front frame mount.)

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    55 Speedster
    50 2R 10 truck

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic remove '55 clip

remove '55 clip

I have a '55 champion and I want to remove the front clip. I am guessing there is a good way and a few bad ways. Inasmuch as I usually go through the bad methods first when I first try something, I thought I would try and be a bit smarter and ask the experts.

So, what is the best way to remove the front clip on a '55 Champion?u
Working...
X