Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

'55 President oil pump

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '55 President oil pump

Need a source for oil pump rebuild.

Thanks

Studebaker International- phone 317-462-3124.

kit--$74.00
    Are those fins supposed to be on there?from the factory?
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I got the oil pump off the '55 President today and found the top all crushed in like someone had stepped on it off the car or beat on it with a hammer; quite a few fatigue cracks in it from that as well. I cannot think of any "normal" scenario where the top of the pump would be caved in like that. When I drained the oil from the engine, the first two quarts or so were clear water; not sure if that's necessarily a bad sign or not. Haven't yet pulled the rod s or mains, but nothing looks "unusual" under there yet. This engine was locked up.
      \'55 Commander
      \'55 President

Comment

Are you talking about the PUMP being crushed or the oil pickup head? I can't see the pump being "crushed" by anything but a hydraulic press.[:0]

As to the water - it's certainly not a good sign.[V] If that engine's stuck, you'll have to work at getting it UNstuck. Maybe a diet Coke soak or total immersion in a water trough.[}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes, the pickup head that houses the filter screen. The pump cleaned up pretty good. We soaked the engine in Marvel Mystery oil for weeks and it never freed up. Heads are off and nothing appears abnormal yet. The story I got was the car was driveable, then was just parked for a couple weeks and then after that locked up.... a bit strange. I have another locked up engine that we will rebuild; have not started tearing it down yet. We soaked it in MMO for weeks as well.
          \'55 Commander
          \'55 President

Comment

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
            X