Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Installing engine & trans

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing engine & trans

I am installing an engine and trans in my 63 Hawk Auto. Is it best to install the trans first then the engine or can I install the engine/trans at the same time? Thanks.

63 Hawk R1
    54 Commander HT

Do them both at the same time! Pull the radiator and the front panel, and assemble the engine/trans before you put them in. This is not the way the shop manual says to do it, but this is the way everybody I know does it. I have done it both ways (not on a Hawk) and it is easier to assemble them outside of the car and install the assemby as a unit.

Comment

I agree with whacker - again.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Like Whacker said...
        (But unclip the distributor cap and set it in front of the distributor, and pull off the rotor.)I HATE the sound of the cap cracking as it hits the firewall.
        Jeff (btdt) Rice[8D]

quote:Originally posted by vanthecarman

I am installing an engine and trans in my 63 Hawk Auto. Is it best to install the trans first then the engine or can I install the engine/trans at the same time? Thanks.

63 Hawk R1
        54 Commander HT
        DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
        '37 Coupe Express
        '37 Coupe Express Trailer
        '61 Hawk
        http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
        X