Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

sagging @$$

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sagging @$$

NO not me the lark!
    Whats the consenus on re-arching verses new rear leaf springs. According to the part # I have Sasco doesn't have the rear leafs, so my decision may already be made for me.
    I've heard that the re-arch is a temporary fix, and the springs will soon return to the sag. If any one has first hand knowledge I'd appreciate it thanks.
    Russ

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Rusty, John Poulos has rear springs on eBay with a bid at $275:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW. I got a set and feel it is a square deal since the bushings are included and installed. I think he only sells HD springs which should keep you from sagging for the forseeable future.

Lew in Escondido, CA

Comment

Russ i have heard the same thing about rearching. But i have als heard that if another leaf is add it does give it more support. Now yes i have not yet personally done it but i to have been up in the air of either new leaf springs or just rearching with an added leaf. so far i've been going toward the added leaf. your decision.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rusty nut garage

NO not me the lark!
        Whats the consenus on re-arching verses new rear leaf springs. According to the part # I have Sasco doesn't have the rear leafs, so my decision may already be made for me.
        I've heard that the re-arch is a temporary fix, and the springs will soon return to the sag. If any one has first hand knowledge I'd appreciate it thanks.
        Russ

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
        57 SH (project)

60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)
        Russ, I've used re-arched springs on many different vehicles, mostly heavy pickups and old Ford cars. The '62 thru '64 Fords had lousy springs, front and rear. I've had them re-arched, (rears only), and never have had a single problem with sagging soon afterwards.

It's the company who does the work that will make or break the job. We have Brute Spring and Buffalo spring here, both have fair prices and as I've watched them work, (my son worked there), I know they put out the best. One note, look for a spring company that does over the road trucks and heavy equipment, I think they would do the best job.

Sonny
        http://RacingStudebakers.com
        Sonny
        http://RacingStudebakers.com

Comment

Rusty I rehammered the springs on the back of my 61 Lark and added a leaf cut to size from a mid sixties Ford car and picked up about 2" of lift on the rear. This put the old lark back on the level.

61 Lark
          61 Lark Cruser VIII

Comment

for $32 you can get overloads from NAPA that will lift the rear of your Lark and not break your bank account. Something I have to be real careful of.[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
            Studeclunker
            A.K.A: out2lunch
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
            X