Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Spark plug wires

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug wires

I have a 1951 Commander that is still running 6 volt system and I want to replace the spark plug wires. Is there any advantage in keeping the solid copper wire over the newer type? I have installed a musical horn that works fine until I start the engine then I get alot of interference . I am running horn off of 2 6volt lantern batterys hooked in series so there is no conection to the charging system and I know the spark plug wires are bad.

Brian Scott makes a nice set of V-8 wires; check with JDP or Ray Fichthorn, I know those two sell them. Perhaps some other vendors as well (SASCO?)

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I appreciate the input but I was wondering if there has been someone who has used the modern wire as oppossed to copper wire and pro & con of both. I can get both but not sure witch way yo go.

Comment

Go with the modern wires. There's no real advantage to the copper ones unless you just like static in your radio.[xx(]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thank you very much. I have entered the Newport hill climb the last 3 years and have done well and I was not sure how well the new style wires work on the older cars.

Comment

Working...
          X