Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

DIY Chrome Plate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Chrome Plate

I just wondering has anyone Done chrome at home?

I did nickle and silver plate in school but it was on a small scale.

I think I could do small Items with a little work.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks Kevin

1954 Studebaker Champion Coupe

There's a company that sells home chrome kits and supplies. Caswell I think the name is.
    I've never done it or heard from anyone who has. If you try it, let us know what the results are

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Here is an online group that I have been following for awhile. Some good info on getting started plating.
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Electroplating/

53commander HDTP
      53 Champion HDTP
      61 Cursed Purple Hawk
      64 Champ long bed V8
      64 GT
      64 Champ long bed V8
      55/53 Studebaker President S/R
      53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

hey thanks for the link, I'm going to check it out and I'll post any home chrome projects, good or bad.

Thanks kevin D.

1954 Studebaker Champion Coupe

Comment

The worse problem might be disposing of some of the nasty stuff,real toxic.I was giving the grand guided tour of the chrome shop I use last time I picked some chrome up.
          Personally,Id just as soon someone else did this kinda work,don't think Id even want to work there,but there must be some satisfaction in restoring a nice piece.
          Perhaps you could get a tour of one near you to help you decide if you really want to start this.
          I was told a bucket of nickle alone is 10k,and they go through lots of it.

Comment

Working...
          X