This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior carpet

howdy fellas, anyone have a line on a good place to buy int. carpet? I was gonna do it myself but I think a pre-molded piece with cutouts would be worth the price. Oh, and I also just trailered my Lark down to my base at Fort Hood, TX and got tons of looks on the highway! Even my young soldiers with their fancy souped-up rides are impressed. Gee, I love this car. blue skys

Try Historic Automotive for your carpets.

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

thanks biggie.

Comment

That's me. (Historic Automotive) $200 set/$15 UPS. They are sewn to fit like factory, but you still need to cut for the brake and clutch.

64 Challenger (Green Wrapper)
        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
        55 Speedster
        50 2R 10 truck
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Studebaker Int. has them for Larks at about $160. Mr Biggs why do you recommend Hist. Auto.? Are they better?[?] After all 40bucks is 40bucks...

Then again... one gets what they have paid for...[B)]

Lotsa Larks!
          Studeclunker
          A.K.A: out2lunch
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I can sell you a set for less if you don't need the correct heel pad and the precut jute padding. I have no data on the SI carpets, but they are a nickle cheaper at $199.95 for sedans and I'll match that, but they are $39.95 more for Hawks, happy to match that too.

64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
            63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
            55 Speedster
            50 2R 10 truck
            JDP Maryland

Comment

There ya go! Quality and price too. As my father used to say "Ya can't beat that even with a stick!"

Lotsa Larks!
              Studeclunker
              Ron Smith

Comment

We've had both historic automotive carpet and Phantom Auto Works. No comparisen, the historic carpet went to the dumpster. If quality is an issue, I highly recommend Phantom Auto Works in Knoxville Tn. Rene Harger has been doing Stude upholstery for many years. They advertise in Turning Wheels. 865-525-6025 is their number.

53commander HDTP
                53 Champion HDTP
                64 Champ long bed V8
                64 GT
                64 Champ long bed V8
                55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

I agree that Phantom's carpet is nice but IMHO compared to HA the Phantom stuff is a little better for a lot more money. For a driver I wouldn't pay the $$ for Phantom, but that's just me.

nate

--
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  62 Daytona hardtop
                  --
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

If you even get a set you are not satisfied with from the company that makes my carpets, I won't pretend my carpets are the same quality as Phantom's, but not everyone is building a show car and are on a budget.

63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                    55 Speedster
                    50 2R 10 truck
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

A few months ago Lionel Stone advertised Hawk carpets For $135.I don't know any thing about his stuff,but he usually seems to be the highest priced vendor,he's maybe not too proud of his carpeting?

not golden hawk,not silver hawk,just hawk.
                      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

In fairness to him, I have not seen his carpets, but his price is well under my cost even before I pay extra for the large heel pad. His may be worth chenking out, that's damn cheap.

63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
                        55 Speedster
                        50 2R 10 truck
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

I've used Historic's carpets a number of times. I was pleased with the results. While I confess it was some time ago, I also have had a couple of sets of carpets from SI. I gave them away to Stude folks cheaper than myself and bought some from Historic. Since I'm not interested in building "show cars", decent fit and serviceability is all I care about. And I DO care about cost![}] Sad fact is - I HAVE to care.

Miscreant at large.
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Be careful about Lionel Stone. I have purchased items from him and was less than satisfied. He has good prices on things. Mr Stone does nothing in house. He delegates it to a third party. The quality control leaves considerable to be desired.[V] I'm not saying he does'nt have anything decent, just be careful. If carpeting is so very much less expensive beware, beware, beware.[:0] Make sure you can return it before ordering.[}]

Lotsa Larks!
                            Studeclunker
                            Ron Smith

Comment

That is why I said maybe he is not so proud of his carpeting!.Maybe he is looking right now and can respond! Hi Lionel!!

not golden hawk,not silver hawk,just hawk.
                              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
                              X