Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

1965 cruiser front end alignment

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 cruiser front end alignment

I am FINALLY getting my 65 cruiser back on the road after being sick for a couple years. My question is does anyone know the correct wheel alignment specs for a 1965 cruiser 283 c.i. auto trans no a/c w/ power steering? I have a manual somewhere, but can't locate it!
    Thanks in advance to all, and happy Studebakering!!!!

Roger Corriveau
    Portsmouth, NH
    Tri -Spokes Chapter Member

Roger Corriveau

should be the same as a '64 I would think

specs for '64

toe in 3/16" to 1/4" w/o PS, 1/16" to 1/8" with
    caster (at curb load) +1/4 degree to -1-1/4 degree (no more than 1/2 degree variation)
    camber 0 to +1 degree, 1/2 degree more favored on driver's side

HTH

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

thank you so much for the replies....you guys are great!!!
        Roger

Roger Corriveau

Comment

Roger:

Go ahead and set the toe as specified. However, if you are running radial tires and it drives funny, reset the toe to ZERO toe-in/toe-out.BP

BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It might be worth remembering that most front ends "Toe-Out" at speed and should therefore be set with a little toe-in when stationary (this includes radial tyres).
            Another often overlooked point : Drive the car slowly in a straight line onto the wheel alignment hoist (ideally 2 - 3 car lengths). Do not allow someone to "corner" onto to the hoist, it puts stresses into suspension bushes, which "release" when you later drive straight ahead.
            / Hank

Comment

Working...
            X