X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good parts for sale

ive got a pretty good list of stuff here
    all of it is in excellent working condition and taken off of a complete running 1950 champ

1 generator
    1 voltage regulator
    1 coil
    2 6v headlights
    2 seat risers
    2 inside door handles
    4 inside window handles
    1 trunk lid handle/license plate holder/license plate light
    2 front bumper uprights
    2 rear bumper uprights
    1 complete front bumper w/ brackets
    5 stock/original 4 lug wheels
    4 stock/original hubcaps
    2 painted rear seat ash trays

and a full set of brakes off the front end
    set contains [u]</u>EVERYTHING[u]</u> from the spindles out
    backing plates - all the retainer hardware - both sets of shoes
    bearing (2 inners & 2 outers w/ seals)
    wheel cylinders - brake lines - spindle nut - hubs and drums -
    wheel studs - the whole 9 yards from the backing plates out
    it was all gone throu and rebuilt a year ago and they have maybe 10 miles (around the nieghborhood)on them these are in excellent condition

i also have a stock rearend that i will part with (contact me for more details)

i have no real set price on any of this stuff but i will not just give it away.... if interested contact me via email and we can talk pacifics and i can get you some detailed pics headed your way

oh yeah i almost forgot ive also got a air cleaner too

Comment

is that 5rims with 4bolts //////or//////4rims with 5bolts If you are close to MO i neeeed a 5bolt x 4-1/2patern x 5"w
      '

Comment

Hey I'm looking for a 4:10 rear end for my 1952 starlight. Im in tidewater Virginia

Comment

im not sure what gears this rearend has but i know its a stock rear out of my 50

ill check and get back to you in a few days

Comment

As a direct swap, gotti's rear axle won't work in a 51-52 car. I know that gotti's car carries the 4-lug hubs and your's carries 5-lug. I think you could swap out axles and hubs tho. But it's not something I've tried myself.[:I]

Miscreant at large.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You didn't mention a steering wheel but if your 50 happens to have a good Type C (#526312)steering wheel, and you want to sell it, we should talk.

Gerry

Comment

Thanks for the info. At lease I know what years to be looking for!

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

As a direct swap, gotti's rear axle won't work in a 51-52 car. I know that gotti's car carries the 4-lug hubs and your's carries 5-lug. I think you could swap out axles and hubs tho. But it's not something I've tried myself.[:I]

Miscreant at large.

Comment

gecoe![:0] that can only be the one and only Gerry of Colorado. Welcome aboard Gerry! Howz that Champion coming along? Ever make the BIG TRIP with the grandson[?] I know we'd like to hear here about it!

Miscreant at large.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hello Mr. Biggs!

Yup, it's me. The Stude's still in storage in Ohio but my grandson and I will be going there when he gets out of school in June to drive it home to Colorado. It won't be a speedy trip as we plan to drive a route that takes in as many sights as possible and enjoy ourselves along the way. I'll keep you informed.

Gerry

Comment

Good deal, Gerry! No doubt you've read about Justin's X-country saga here. We'd sure like to hear about your trek. I know you enough to know you write pretty good, Gerry. We'd sure like to hear about your adventure here.
                      Still looking for that elusive, nice steering wheel I see. I wish you the best. SOMEWHERE - someone's got a pretty nice one hanging on a nail in their basement or garage. You'll just have to "luck" upon it. OR have a tired one recast![xx(]

Miscreant at large.

Comment

Yeah Bob, I've followed Justin's adventures closely. His tenacity impressed me almost as much as the goodwill and generosity of the people on this forum. You all should feel very proud!

I'll pack the laptop along on our trip so we can keep everyone informed of our progress or, maybe even the lack thereof. BTW, our route isn't at all firm yet but it's for sure that one of our first stops will be SB and the Studebaker Museum.

Yes, a correct steering wheel is still on my shopping list. The 53 wheel I'm using works ok until I find the right one so I'm not in a panic about finding it right away though.

BTW, I too have spent time in Santa Rosa. It's been awhile but it was a slice of time right out of the 50's then and I doubt it's changed much since. I wasn't worrying about a breakdown when I was there so I was probably able to enjoy it a bit more than Justin.

It was really nice to find this forum. There's a lot of good info here and, even better, no OT. Keep up the good work everyone!

Gerry

Comment

Do you have the clips for the hubcaps? my 50 champ currently has later model hubcaps on it and i am looking for the stock replacements and clips. Also, do you have a good steering idler arm? Thanks!

Comment

send me an email and ill send you pics of the items i think your talking about and we can discuss prices and so later

Comment

Working...
                            X