Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Center Clip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center Clip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 51 commander state. The worst body damage on the car is the bullet/grille sheet metal in the center of the front clip. I have a 1950 bullet chrome piece to put in place of the 51 bullet (it's more sexy). I cannot locate a new one, can someone please help me?

check out ebay motors either under 1950 studebaker or 1951 studebaker
    there was a center section on there a couple of days ago
    it may still be posted
    i dunno

Comment

Seriously guys, I NEED this sheetmetal piece.

Comment

With people putting bullet noses on '47 to '52 Studebakers and other cars, both stock/modified and rods, it will be difficult to locate a new grille section. If you have one and it is just damaged (dents, rust and/or tears), I would suggest repairing it. Also, don't plan on just bolting that '50 nose piece in the '51 panel. I don't remember what has to be done to make it work, but I do not believe that it is a bolt in. Perhaps someone that has made the conversion lately can chime in on this.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Somebody at SASCO swap meet in may had a complete front end,all sheet metal,except hood. I think it was 1950-hard to tell 50-51 when its in the back of a trailer.$65.00 bought the whole front.
          Other vendors had some 'nose pieces' there....
          Call SASCO,see if they could give you the phone numbers of a few of the vendors at the swap meet-it's worth a try,cause I know the parts were there.
          A lot of these vendors know each other,and if they don't have what you need,they can steer you to the man that has it..

last of the finned Hawks!!
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 51studer

Seriously guys, I NEED this sheetmetal piece.
            Where are you located?

Comment

Southern California. I'll see what sasco has to offer, I'll look em' up on the ol' intranet unless someone has a contact # or website. I have looked at the chrome bullet of the 50' and have tried to fit it to my front end collision, demolished 51' sheet metal and it looks like I just have to trim out the hole it fits and re-locate the mounting holes a bit and it should fit nicely.[]

Comment

By the way...... how does the insert image thing work on the forum, I can show you all my car and my center clip.

Comment

You might watch Ebay. I've seen those front panels appear from time to time.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 51studer

Southern California. I'll see what sasco has to offer, I'll look em' up on the ol' intranet unless someone has a contact # or website. I have looked at the chrome bullet of the 50' and have tried to fit it to my front end collision, demolished 51' sheet metal and it looks like I just have to trim out the hole it fits and re-locate the mounting holes a bit and it should fit nicely.[]
                    SASCO's number is 1-800-722-4295

Ted

Comment

Thanks guys! I did find one on ebay, slight rust, no dents. YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS. Now it's just a matter of getting the 1950 bullet to fit right on the 1951 center without looking stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X