Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

The elusive 185 OHV six;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The elusive 185 OHV six;)

Hello all,

Years ago I was collecting a few parts to stroke a Ohv six to 185 or better using a 55-59 Champion crank and a 1961-1964 six block and head. Well, Many years of commutting put the project on hold but now I have more free time to build things. In the mean time, has anyone tried this bit of engineering and if so, how did it work out?

Jeff

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
    The Replacements.

Is this Jeff Tangeman (SP?)??? Jeff, StudeBob here. Remember?

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yes, It's me and you spelled the last name right too

I am returning to the Studebaker fold after too many years of commuting, very little free time and lack of sleep

Well Bob, still on the west coast and driving that 56 truck?

Jeff T.

The Replacements.
      \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
      The Replacements.

Comment

Yes - west coast. But the truck's always been a '57. BTW, welcome back to the "fold".
        Say, wasn't there a difference in the block height on the 185s? Can't remember the 6 stuff that well anymore![8]

Miscreant at large.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hey!

I had a thought the other day... well actually a couple but that's another story

Does anyone out there have some loose standard take out rods and pistons from a 1955-59 185 champion? I have my OHV block and a 55-59 champ crank, if I has the pistons and rods I could bolt the mess together to check for clearance and whether the piston exceeded the deck of the block.

Darn my parents for buying me that erector set

Jeff

The Replacements.
          \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
          The Replacements.

Comment

Working...
          X