Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

carb problems

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb problems

well my 50 champ has carb problems
    still gots the six with rockchester 1 barrel

when you rev it off an idle it stumbles at first then it gets with the pace (all the time weather its hot or cold)

my educated guess is that the accelerator pump is either bad or going bad

also the when i try to start the car after sitting for at least a day it takes forever for it to get gas to the carb to make it fire and start ( almost so long it runs batt way dwn )

another thing when i look dwn the carb with a light and pump the gas i can not see it squirting. seems to me like i should be able to

wonderin whats causing these probs? like i said my guess is accelerator pump

any ideas were i could buy a carb repair kit that is an exact fit
    i called some repair shops and they want like 100- 150 dollars to repair

im just not gonna pay that much for something thats coming out in at least a years time

Sounds like the pump, buy a kit from a Studebaker vendor for around $25 and you'll be good to go.

64 Challenger (Green Wrapper)
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    55 Speedster
    50 2R 10 truck
    JDP Maryland

Comment

test

Comment

r u saying acccelerator pump or fuel pump JDP

Comment

oh yeah its not a rochester its a carter

Comment

doesn't matter, if your FLAPS doesn't have a kit, a vendor will. When you install the new accel pump put some engine oil or neatsfoot oil on the leather and flex it out a little bit. If the carb runs well otherwise you should be good to go. If you are real cheap you can try to just oil the accel pump but make sure the carb doesn't leak when you put the top back on (since you're reusing an old gasket)

good luck,

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            62 Daytona hardtop
            http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
            X