Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been on the salt before. My wife and I was there last year and helped. I have about 6 rooms registered and will get rid of at least 3. The car is registered you can see it on SCTA-BNI.com web sight. They show the preregistered cars there. Car number is 1112.

David L
    David L

Comment

Jeff and Transtar60,

The bell housing will come from either Lakewood or Mcleod. Mcleod is supposed to be working on one for Studebaker V8 but I don't know the status. Unless they have it done I will adapt a Chevy safety bellhousing.

The Rocker arm system manufacturer is listed in last nights post.

The engine is not yet together. Jeff I would be interested in adapter plates for Chrysler manifold. I am quickly running out of time and don't know how I will find time to do everything.

I just noticed that I said my wife and I was there .... I added my wife after I wrote the sentence and forgot to change the verb.

David L
      David L

Comment

Luck doesn't appear to be on the side of Studebaker Bonneville racers this week.

I received my transmission and they shipped the wrong part. I got my pistons and they were not correct. I did receive the blower and it was correct. So now I can start working on the mounting plates for the blower and dry sump pump.

Dave Bloomberg (holds D clasic production supercharged record at Bonneville) was puting his engine back into his Avanti and the bolts attaching the chains to the engine broke (it is a long story) and the engine dropped about 3 or 4 feet. There were no heads on the engine and it hit at the front corner near the head surface. A large chunk of concrete was removed from the driveway. They have examined the engine and couldn't find any sign of a crack and the cylinder bore in that area is still round. The engine turns over ok.

They are going to go ahead and try it as is. I offered them a block if they need it.

My car will go to the shop that is going to bend the tubes for the roll cage.

If you are wondering how this will get done in time, so am I.

David L
        David L

Comment

Let us know what Mcleod says about the bell housing.
          I pm'd you about the adaptor plates. Here are a few pictures of the conversion using the 318 size mopar manifold, not the 340-360 port size which is larger and may adversly affect performance according to Ted Harbit. Dave L. told me that their
          drag times went down when they switched to the bigger port manifold.
          http://community.webshots.com/script...umID=263823099

53commander HDTP
          53 Champion HDTP
          61 Cursed Purple Hawk
          64 Champ long bed V8
          64 GT
          64 Champ long bed V8
          55/53 Studebaker President S/R
          53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Just an update. I spent the last 3 weeks working about 14 hours a day on the car and it was obvious last Sunday night that I was going to be about 100 hours short of completing the car. I got everything rebuilt on the steering, suspension and the rest of the chasis. The roll cage is complete. This took about 60 hours more than anticipated.

The engine is ready to be assembled but I haven't started on it. This is something that I need to do after getting a good 8 hours of sleep instead of the 4 to 6 I have been getting.

We will be at Bonneville to help Dave Bloomberg and will go back in October with the car.

David L
            David L

Comment

Working...
            X