Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Wanted: Flightomatic and steering column

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Flightomatic and steering column

Some of you may remember that I blew the engine in my 1963 Champ sometime ago and was considering replacing it with a G.M. V-8 along with a 700R4 automatic transmission...

Well, good news is I am replacing the engine with a Studebaker engine (thanks to Keith). I am now considering just putting in a Flightomatic also. It may be easier.

So I am now trying to locate a Flightomatic transmission in good repair, along with the steering column with the automatic quadrant for a Champ pickup... I'm in Louisiana. Anybody have one?

Thanks,

MDJ

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

I've got a roadworthy Flight-o-matic here that you could have. Trouble is it's in California and I'm not keen on crating or shipping it. I'm getting lazy in my old age[xx(] I offer up what little my failing brain can recall as my contribution.[V]

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mike, I dropped you a line about this on the truck page. Steve Allen's shop in Florida might have what you're looking for. I just might be headed to FL to see my folks. If I do, I could haul something back for you. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

Comment

Thanks to both you guys...

Kevin, not heading to Florida through California are you?

Comment

Working...
        X