Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

distributor parts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributor parts

I've been trying to navigate sasco's website for a vacuum advance for my 1949 245 truck six cylinder. I tried to check hemmings too. It's an auto-lite distributor. Will anyone take pity on me and help me in my search? Thanks, Mike

SASCO's parts search site shows part# 526893 available for $23.20. I will say that these searches aren't ALWAYS telling the truth. There's been a time or two that the website showed something was available when they were actualy out of them! But it's worth a call in the morning to find out! 1-800-722-4295

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

well, I gave them a call this morning, but the guy told me right off that he couldn't help me. I think I'm just gonna look around for a six cyl electronic dist that turns cc and have the housing cut down and machine the shaft.

Comment

Oh don't do that...
        I was at Stephen Cade's place the other day and saw one there..
        Give them a shout at Stephen Allen's Auto at:
        http://www.mystudebaker.com/

They may have to look for it, as it was in an incoming inventory.

This is the advance that rotates the whole distributor.
        Hope the info helps.
        Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK@worldnet.att.net
        '61 Hawk
        '37 Coupe Express
        http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I got mine from the guy (can't remember his name off hand) but he sells parts out of a school bus. I sure someone will remember his name. If you want to find a distributor that is a bit easier to get parts for the 1950 on 245 had Delco distributors.

Restore it, don't replace it.Keep the Studebaker reproduction industry going

Comment

Tom Karkewicz would be the guy with the school bus.

Miscreant at large.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I believe the vacuum advance for a big six 2R truck with an "Autolite" distributor is part number 523090. You might want to try Bill Cathcart in Connecticut, he has a fair amount of parts from this vintage.

1960 Lark Convertible
              1962 GT Hawk
              Dan Peterson
              Montpelier, VT
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Working...
              X