This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back glass and windshield help

After having the local glass company install windshields and back glass in a couple of C-K's over the years I have decided to attempt this myself. They sent out some younger guys yesterday to do this on the cursed purple hawk and succeded in denting the molding and not much else. I have a set of new rubbers from Stephen Allens so I think the rubbers are not one of the "bad" batches that were made. Looks like I need to learn to do this myself so here goes---- any advice and insight appreciated--

53commander HDTP
    53 Champion HDTP
    64 Champ long bed V8
    64 GT

Ray, thinks for the glass information. I hope you do put up a web page with the install process as it would be very useful info for many of us.

53commander HDTP
    53 Champion HDTP
    64 Champ long bed V8
    64 GT
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Please keep us posted on your experience with this. Soory I dont have much to add. The moulding sure does look to be the tricky part. I have a '64 Hawk and will probably be doing this soon. I drove my Hawk in a downpour last Fall and my feet got soaked. I didn't understand where it was coming from. I couldnt believe how much water poured in. Then later, after a sucking a gallon or so in the wet/dry vac. I looked closely at the seal and realized its not rubber anymore. I didn't know about the "bad" new ones. How does one avoid those/tell the difference?

Dave in IN
      1964 GT Hawk
      sigpic
      '89 Ford Festiva
      '90 Ford F250 4x4
      '18 Kia Soul
      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

I always get hot (but not too hot) water on my feet when driving in heavy rain. At least the front passenger is spared. I can't see where it is getting in.

The leak from the top middle of the rear window is being fixed with some expertly applied, transparent goo to the outside. I'm assured that it won't show.....

Peter.

Comment

Working...
        X