Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Throttle Body Fuel Injection

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Body Fuel Injection

Has anyone ever installed a throttle body fuel injection on a Studebaker 259 V-8? I am considering this using G.M. V-6 set-up. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas or instructions? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

It has been done.

Miscreant at large.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I to would be interested in doing this. Or even better adapting a rail type fuel injection set up to the Stude V8. I bet a 232 or 259 with fuel injection,electronic ignition and overdrive trans would be a real good gas miliage vehicle.

53commander HDTP
      53 Champion HDTP
      64 Champ long bed V8
      64 GT
      64 Champ long bed V8
      55/53 Studebaker President S/R
      53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

KDANCY;

You're right, it would make a rather fuel efficient vehicle. I want to first do this to my 259 v-8 Champ. I plan on putting an automatic 700r4 overdrive transmission as well as electronic ignition. I can't operate a clutch with my left leg (amputated) anymore, so this is the only way I can continue to drive my truck. Fuel injection seems like a natural evolution too! Hope I can find and talk to someone who has done this before. If not, I'll report on how it turns out.
        Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Comment

I'm looking at fuel injection as well, but I want to try it with a M-112 supercharger from the F*rd H-D pickup. I'm looking at this website:
          http://home.earthlink.net/~jcgebhart/msindex.html
          for ideas. If anybody can point me to some other places, I'd be interested!

J

Comment

You might try this guy:http://www.customefis.com/ He is building a TBI for my 1979 J20 Jeep Pickup. He is a bit slow but knows what he is doing and will only build them with a O2 sensor feedback loop. He can also sell you the parts and plans to do your own thing. I would steer clear of the Holley Projection units, I have heard few that were happy with the results. If you are going to do a forced air setup the TBI is not the way to go. TBI uses a throttle position sensor to set the amount of fuel being dumped into the intake, with some help from the O2 sensor. The super or turbo charger can force a over lean condition pretty quickly and potentially burn up your engine. A carb can do this due to the way it meters fuel due to the air flow. You could do a port injection with forced air since it uses several sensors in the air path to determine the mixture.

Dan White
            64 R1 GT
            Dan White
            64 R1 GT
            64 R2 GT
            58 C Cab
            57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Working...
            X