Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Parts I need...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts I need...

For some reason, the Studebaker parts purveyors (Stephen Allen's; Studebaker International, etc.) do not offer the vent window seals for the rear doors of those 1950 4-door sedans that have vent windows (i.e., Land Cruisers). Does anyone know of the availability of these seals? Can there be some other application that might fit?? I can't imagine that I'm the only one having this problem.

Also, can anyone direct me to a working big 6 engine (245cc)? Or, to a rebuilt one, or to someone who would rebuild one in the South Jersey area (Vineland)? Thanks for whatever input you are willing to give me!!

You're NOT the first to encounter the rear vent seals problem and there's as yet - no known fix. Given what's probably LOW demand for such, probably no vendor's seen any "return for investment" on these.

A GOOD working 245 is gonna be tough to locate. As to who would rebuild on where you're at, I haven't a clue. JDP???

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
    X