Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Outer pin bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outer pin bushings

I just bought a new set of outer pin kits for my GT Hawk. Should there be any end play between the pin and bushing on the new ones? Some of my old ones are better than the new ones as far as slack or looseness? Are the new ones from SI reproductions? Are they made in the USA?
    Allen

I don't have any first hand knowledge of the kits SI sells. I buy from a different vendor however I'm going to assume that they come from the same supplier due to the likely hood that we don't have more then one supplier for these.
    The ones I have used (1/2 dozen set over the past couple years)appeared to be of good quality. I seem to remember the boxes stated made in USA but I don't recall country of origin on parts.
    If your checking the fit (tightness)assebly of the pin/bushing without actually installing it in the "A" arm is not a good test. The "A" arm is preloaded prior to assemlby which tightens the fit of the pin/bushing once its installed. I've inspected pin/bushing that were loose prior to my dissasmbly of the arm and other then the threads appearing (rolled not sharp) you couldn't see much difference in the old vs new, but once installed the new was tight.
    Hope this helps.
    Russ
    quote:Originally posted by satdoc2

I just bought a new set of outer pin kits for my GT Hawk. Should there be any end play between the pin and bushing on the new ones? Some of my old ones are better than the new ones as far as slack or looseness? Are the new ones from SI reproductions? Are they made in the USA?
    Allen

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

I bought a set from SI last year and half of them had a sticker that said Made in China. I don't remember whether it was the uppers or the lowers. The other half didn't have a sticker.

Cliff
      54 Commander Coupe driver
      53 Commander Hardtop project
      Walla Walla
      sigpic
      54 Commander Coupe driver
      53 Commander Hardtop project
      SE Washington State

Comment

Working...
      X