Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Leaking gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking gas tank

The tank on my 60 Lark Convertible is seeping gas around the outlet tube. The hose is relatively new and tight so I don't think it's that. It looks like a PO put some liquid metal or solder around the tube so this might have been a problem before. Question: has anyone had experience with the tank sealer kits from Eastwood? Do they work or would I be better off to have a pro do the job?

I had a pro do it, and the peace of mind is worth the cost.He is in Houston. I will get you his address and phone if interested. He coated it inside and out, after fixing the screw in the bottom of the tank. That seems to be the way the PO handled a leak. It will never see rust again.

Comment

the tank on my Champ was leaking at the drain petcock. I used liquid metal to seal it. Did a good job.

Lotsa Larks!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
      X