Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Capacities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacities

So far I have been unsuccessful in locating information relating to the capacities (ie crankcase, fuel tank, radiator, manual gearbox, etc) for a '62 Hawk.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Karl

"Life is not greener on the other side of the fence.....I know, I've been over there and checked it out."

18 gallon gas tank, 5Qt oil pan. (maybe a bit more if you've got a Full-flo oil filter or a cannister type filter), Standard tranny - 3.2 pints (W O/D 3.4 pints), cooling system 17qts. Ya really need a shop manual, which has all such info.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I would highly recommend getting a copy of the '59-'64 shop and parts manuals. These are available thru most Studebaker vendors. All of the manuals are available on one CD-Rom disk for $25 from Classic Manuals.

As for the capacities;

Cooling System: 17 Quarts*
      *Add 1 1/2 Qrts for Hawks with Climatizer
      Gas Tank: 18 Gallons
      Oil: 5 Qrts
      Rear Axle: 3 Pints
      4 Speed: 2.5 Pints
      Flight-O-Matic: 18 Pints

Good luck with the 'new' car.

p.s., Bob is fast...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

I would highly recommend getting a copy of the '59-'64 shop and parts manuals. These are available thru most Studebaker vendors. All of the manuals are available on one CD-Rom disk for $25 from Classic Manuals.

As for the capacities;

Cooling System: 17 Quarts*
        *Add 1 1/2 Qrts for Hawks with Climatizer
        Gas Tank: 18 Gallons
        Oil: 5 Qrts
        Rear Axle: 3 Pints
        4 Speed: 2.5 Pints
        Flight-O-Matic: 18 Pints

Good luck with the 'new' car.

p.s., Bob is fast...
        Thanks for the info and recommendation, guys. I just picked up an Owners Manual for it on Ebay...that'll help a little, I hope.

Now, to get a shop manual. Finally!......I have a car I can actually work on

Karl

"Life is not greener on the other side of the fence.....I know, I've been over there and checked it out."

Comment

Congrats on the 62 Hawk. They are wonderful cars and this forum is superb for quick
          and informative answers to questions. Post some photos.
          ...Dick

1950 Champion Starlight
          1963 Hawk GT
          Santa Barbara
          CA

The 1950 Champion Starlight
          Santa Barbara
          CA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by starlightchamp

Congrats on the 62 Hawk. They are wonderful cars and this forum is superb for quick
            and informative answers to questions. Post some photos.
            ...Dick
            Your wish is my command Right now my 'baby' is buried beneath a foot of freshly fallen snow, but here is a pic from the previous owner, which shows it off quite well.

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Comment

Working...
            X