what's the cost of a flight-o-matic rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the cost of a flight-o-matic rebuild

I had the automatic trans rebuilt in my 1961 studebaker, what is the normal cost for a rebuild anybody know? In a total rebuild is the front pump replaced as well?

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

a lot of variables here who did r&r ? what shape were hard parts in? did they do it for flat price or labor & mat.

Comment

I had one rebuilt from one of Ted Harbits "students" <G> I took it out, and took it to him, with a rebuilt torque converter and a new drum, it was $550 Which I thought was reasonible. Besides, Ted warrantys it too! BOSEG! Right Ted? <G>

Jim Turner
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

Had the Flight-o-Matic from my '58 President rebuilt a few months ago. It was a flat $1200 for the tranny and 300 more for a new torque convertor...that's in "everything's too expensive" California.

Comment

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Hmmm $1200, kinda makes those 3-speed overdrives look pretty good to me.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

I had one rebuilt from one of Ted Harbits "students" <G> I took it out, and took it to him, with a rebuilt torque converter and a new drum, it was $550 Which I thought was reasonible. Besides, Ted warrantys it too! BOSEG! Right Ted? <G>

Jim Turner
              Right Jim but I only warrant it for one year or 15,000 mile whichever comes first and I think it's been over a year now. Gotta check my records.

Ted

Comment

Ted,
                Nope it's only been a "few" months! <G> Glad that your "owning up" to the warranty!! <G>

Jim
                "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                their Memorials!

Comment

I had my RANGER pick up rebuilt last year, just shy of $1,400.00. About everything was worn out of spec, convertor was still OK, other wise it was in bad shape. This included labor to pull and replace the traney. Has worked fine since rebuild.

Comment

Had one rebuilt by a shade tree Mechanic 2 years ago. He used ford parts and charged $150.00... NT

Neil Thornton
                    Hazlehurst, GA
                    '57 Silver Hawk
                    '56 Sky Hawk
                    '51 2R16 dump truck
                    Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                    X