Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

GT Hawk Trunk latch....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk Trunk latch....

Is there any way to prevent the small wire loop, which connects the trunk lock arm to the latch lever, from disengaging, when you close the trunk.
    Once it occurs, you can't get the trunk open, unless you crawl through the rear seat area and pull the latch manually. (Read P.I.T.A.)

The lock has alway been troublesome and sticky, etc, so I installed a new latch mechanism, but just a while ago, it came off again.

thx
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

If the wire is not bent out of shape and the latch is adjusted correctly, the link should not come off since it's under tension.

64 Commander 2 dr.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thx, The wire had a slight arch to it, so it was straightened.. Even tho it pops off, I had a time getting it hooked, back onto the latch pull. There appears to NO slack, so it is under tension when it's all together. It's hard to believe it unhooks so often...
      Be nice if an Avanti style cable would work...
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
      X