Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

how do fog lights mount on a '52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do fog lights mount on a '52

how and where do fog lights mount on a '52 Commander, and do you have the mounts....Brad

I would think, not too many people will be happy to destroy their very rare $500.00 Studebaker AC kit to sell you only the brackets!

quote:Originally posted by bradnee

how and where do fog lights mount on a '52 Commander, and do you have the mounts....Brad
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I think the placement on a 52 would be near the same as the 1950.
      I made my brackets by using a soft steel 1/8" thick strap and bending with a vise.
      The bend must have a slight twist to get the mount surface right. Not a hard project
      with only a good vise ,hacksaw, and power drill needed.(and a curse or two)
      Photo of mount in next reply.

1950 Champion Starlight
      1963 Hawk GT
      Santa Barbara
      CA

The 1950 Champion Starlight
      Santa Barbara
      CA

Comment

Others may have a better idea of the 52 location but this may help.

1950 Champion Starlight
        1963 Hawk GT
        Santa Barbara
        CA

Santa Barbara
        CA

Comment

The AC brackets double as fog light holders ??????.....Brad
          quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

I would think, not too many people will be happy to destroy their very rare $500.00 Studebaker AC kit to sell you only the brackets!

quote:Originally posted by bradnee

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA

Comment

52 Fog Lamp brackets are completely different from the picture! There are brackets that mount to one of the upper grille bar bolts, and then a hole needs to be drilled in the lower grille bar. I have a set of brackets, but, I'm VERY reluctent to drill a hole in my lower grille bar. But, I won't part with them either! Only set I've seen in the last 15 years.
            I'll dig them out over the weekend, and post a picture.

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

No, all Studebaker Accessories are called ACXXXX (part number), most people know Studebaker accessories by that. A Studebaker AC Kit is an accessory. They all come complete including hardware, brackets, mounting templates & instructions, and most are the rarest of the rare, 55 years later!

quote:Originally posted by bradnree

The AC brackets double as fog light holders ??????.....Brad
              StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks.....appreciate the photo....Brad
                quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

52 Fog Lamp brackets are completely different from the picture! There are brackets that mount to one of the upper grille bar bolts, and then a hole needs to be drilled in the lower grille bar. I have a set of brackets, but, I'm VERY reluctent to drill a hole in my lower grille bar. But, I won't part with them either! Only set I've seen in the last 15 years.
                I'll dig them out over the weekend, and post a picture.

Jim

Comment

Jim
                  I would appreciate if you posted a picture of the 1952 foglight brackets.
                  I have a lot of brackets like that for different years but no numbers to see which is what.
                  R.Kapteyn

Comment

Starlitechamp, your beautiful Stude appears to be parked on kitchen linoleum. I guess if I had one that looked that good, I'd bring it into the house too!

Comment

John, Thank you for the compliment. The tile was put down, in the garage, by yours truly in 1973 using
                      the cheapest 12" x12" asphalt tile I could buy. It still is in good shape after all those years of driving
                      on and off it.
                      Starlightchamp (alias Dick Curtis)
                      Santa Barbara
                      CA

Comment

Working...
                      X