Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

where do backup lights mount ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do backup lights mount ?

where do backup lights mount on a '47 Champ and a '52 Commander...Brad

In Turning Wheels June 1987 they show them between the fender seam and the trunk lid centered up. On my 51 they were about 2 1/2 inches from the bottom to the bumper pan. Now thats a 52. My 48 had one on the back. 1/2 price deal

Comment

This worked for me based on a photo in the 1950 ACC booklet.

1950 Champion Starlight
      1963 Hawk GT
      Santa Barbara
      CA

The 1950 Champion Starlight
      Santa Barbara
      CA

Comment

Dave Mottle, 532 East Ella, Corrales, NM 87048 is the SDC club keeper of the accessory instructions and templates. Send him a couple bucks to cover copying and mailing and he'll send complete instructions and templates to properly position and install your lights.

If any of you out there have original accessory instructions and templates, please send them to Dave so he can make them available to us all, and thank him for his service.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
        X