No announcement yet.

1950 Land Cruiser Bumper Over-Rider Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a 50 champ in SF with that set up for sale. Whole car can be had reasonable. Original 23000 miles 4 dr regal delux. Project, parts, needs to be adopted. 415 990 1617 Bob

Comment

I can't help you with the '50 Commander parts but do have for the others.

Barry'd in Studes
      Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Attention Studeman....Jim, I have a newly show quality chromed set of standard bumper guards for a 51. Have $180.00 in them and will sell them for that. Montana is pretty close to B. C.. Contact me at edavis11@bresnan.net if you are intrested and for pictures.

Comment

I have the overriders for the front and rear of my 1950 Land Cruiser...they are in need of rechroming and some of the studs need to be re-welded. I don't want to put them back on due to the cost of rechroming...if you are interested, I can take images of everything that I have...they were made by Helm, the manufacturer of the optional spotlights...the overriders consist of two towering guards with semi-circular tops, and a three-piece overrider system (two ends and a center).

Comment

Helms made the bumper guard or what ever you want to call it that is on my 1950 Champion. It is the same as the one that 50Champ has and is not an original Studebaker accessory, but an aftermarket one made by Helms, that is stamped on the caps of the vertical bumper covers. There is the end curved sides, the center with the dip under the bullet and the verticals that cover the uprights on the factory bumper. To connect to the vertical uprights (bumper guards, I guess you call them), there is a little chrome hook, that clips on one end to the factury vertical and then bolts tot he Helms units.

Mark

Comment

I was hoping to find a set of either the factory or Helms front overrider set for a 50 Commander. Since this is a 3 year old thread I'm not sure if the guys who said they had these for sale, are still available. PM me or I'll check back here for replies. I may even be interested in the rear overrider as well. Thanks much...
              Last edited by deco_droid; 11-29-2013, 09:49 AM.
              sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
              Regal Deluxe Trim
              Automatic transmission
              46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

I have one that I took off mine, but it would need to be rechromed...probably a pricey job...

Comment

I have one 50 Commander with just the standard bumper, and another 50 Commander with the extra bumper guard bars front and rear. I also think they don't add to the look, and somewhat take away from the beautiful bullet nose.

Comment

i've been thinking about taking off the ones on my '51. (see post #12 for pics). this is the late Tom Elliott's car and have tried not to do too much to change her appearance. But i really never cared for them on the 50/51's.

if anyone is interested in purchasing them, let me know.

a couple of newer pics:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0835.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	1695874 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0828.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1695875
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I may part out.

You are looking for this front Bumper. I may part out.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
                        You are looking for this front Bumper. I may part out.
                        That looks like a pretty good Land Cruiser. Is it rusty bad enough to part out? BTW I need the pad for the rear seat foot rest. Thanks, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                          i've been thinking about taking off the ones on my '51. (see post #12 for pics). this is the late Tom Elliott's car and have tried not to do too much to change her appearance. But i really never cared for them on the 50/51's.

if anyone is interested in purchasing them, let me know.
                          When Tom owned that car, he made it his. Now, make it yours.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                            When Tom owned that car, he made it his. Now, make it yours.
                            i know you are right, Matthew - but i still have reservations to change much on her. i wish it still had the outside visor and the red horn button!

anyway, selling the parts may help with $$$ in fixing the engine "valve problems".
                            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                            X