dimmer switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimmer switch

Doesn't a dimmer switch just take the hot lead and send it to either the high or low beam. Just a basic two position switch right?

The switch's "hot lead" comes from the headlite switch on the dash.
    BTW, I've still got two brand new old aftermarket stock 6V HL relays sittin' here on my desk. They'd love to have a home in someone's Studebaker! They come complete with their own fuse holder and fuse! VERY reasonably priced.

And tying these to your dimmer switch is easy. The "low beam" output of that dimmer switch goes to one terminal of the relay. Will definately brighten up your low beam lamps![8D]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

found the problem, what looked like a bad switch turned out to be a broken wire. When I jumped the switch and went direct to the wire it lit up fine. Double checked it and it wouldn't work again. Took all the wires off the switch jumped the wirew and it wouldn't work again wiggled the wire and it broke. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Thanks for the help and offer

Comment

Mr Biggs,

What do you want for the relay. My 49 Champion Convt. loses the headlights and my wife gets really upset. No sense of adventure.

Bob

Robert L. Hutchins

Comment

Working...
        X