1960s Prototype cart

Leave a comment:

• ChampTrucking
    replied
    Cokers??!?? Better rob a bank!

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Dresbach
    replied
    The blocks are wood. There used to be a big wooden barn that fell down in the yard where I'm working on it, so some of the main support beams were cut up into blocks, so I just used four of them. I do have the production order. The car has an odd history, built in SB, sold in Des Moins, to Indy, then to Nashville In; then back to SB![:0] I plan on restoring it back to origional condition, as best as I can. No hot rods/rat rods/modifides/gassers/A-FXs here![8D][^] I think I will probably go with radials though, just because I want to drive it, a lot.[8]

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N
    1960s Prototype cart

Leave a comment:

• Mr Speed 53
    replied
    Chris did you get a copy of the Prodction Order on your car? Sounds like you want to keep it original so that may be a good guide to follow on the restoration. Everyone will probalby have different opinions on tires but I like to stay with an original look and have driven many good miles on Bias-Ply tires in lots of different conditions. Good Luck! with your car no matter what direction you take. Ed

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    Diamondback tires are excellent so I believe. They also use tires from the original manufacturers not those made from old worn out molds the OEM has sold.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia

Leave a comment:

• Tom Bredehoft
    replied
    the '40 is now up on blocks. I hope the blocks are solid wood, or better yet, jack stands, the cast iron type, not the formed steel tube type. We don't want to loose you yet, Chris. I remember holding up a '36 Ford, once, with my left shoulder. I was lucky, the gas tank was soft and the ground under me was soft. It took 3 years for my sternum to stop hurting.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    ....On the road, again....
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Leave a comment:

• Nelsen Motorsports
    replied
    No red rims! How about GREEN!

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
    1954 Champion Coupe
    Lizella, GA

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Dresbach
    started a topic Car on blocks...

Car on blocks...

Well, the '40 is now up on blocks. I pulled the wheels off and am going to get them sand blaseted, painted, then get new tires. I think I will go with a whide white wall style, and radial. Probably a set of Diamondbacks. Has anybody tried these, and how do they compare to Cokers[?] Just looking for some tire opinions here. Thanks.

*Sorry, no red rims!

Chris Dresbach

1940 Champion two door.
    Parts of the 1952 Model N
    1960s Prototype cart
Working...
X