Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwain G.
    replied
    That is a Studebaker part number for one bearing shell half. It never appears in parts books or price lists because no one sells just half a bearing.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Timberlake
    replied
    The rod with the spun bearing almost certainly needs to be rebuilt, or if the big end is too badly distorted, replaced.
    The other rods' big ends should be checked for size and roundness ( and magnafluxed first, also checked for straightness)
    page 35 - here
    http://mahleclevite.com/publications/EB-40-07.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    I have a rod bearing that has the same number on it. Like many manufacturers, Studebaker didnt always use part numbers but casting numbers or possibly engineering numbers are on the part.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan

Leave a comment:

• TX Rebel
    replied
    I have NOS cranks for 289 & 259'- also have reground cranks & oversize bearings in stock. Wisconsin Studebaker is also a good source of NOS 259 cranks for much less than SI.

Barry'd in Studes

Leave a comment:

• DieselJim
    replied
    Studebaker International has nos 259 cranks. Jim

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Yes, if you can find a good NOS 259" crank it is about a wash with regrinding the one you have.

No, not all are good. A few of the remaining 259" NOS crankshafts can be used as is. Most have to be at least polished and more than one has had to be reground.

Maybe, you should check with the NOS vendors and ask what they'll promise to deliver.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    Yes, the crank will need to be re_ground as there are some pretty heavy score marks on it. Am wondering if it would be cheaper to get a new crank vs having this one turned.

Dare to be different... Drive your Studebaker!!

Leave a comment:

• bige
    replied
    Assuming you're going to send the crank out to be checked, ground and polished in which case the rebuilder would either supply proper sized main and rod bearings or at leat tell you what size you will need

1988 "Beater" Avanti---R2 R5388 @ Macungie 2006

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    started a topic Rod bearing question

Rod bearing question

I'm taking apart the engine that came with the 62 Hardtop that I just sold. Number 3 cylinders rod bearing was spun and part of it is missing. The rest of the bearings were thin and scored pretty good, mains weren't thin, but did have a lot of scoring. The back of the rod bearings are marked with p/n 1555187 with the letter B below the p/n. I looked in the chassis parts catalog and cannot locate that part number in the bearings. Is anyone familiar with what size it is? The engine is a 62 partial flow block. I figure I'll have this one rebuilt and eventually a car missing an engine will make itself known.

Dare to be different... Drive your Studebaker!!
Working...
X