Truck Bellhousing cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Bellhousing cover?

To istall a T5 F##d 5-speed transmission behind my 289 I'm using a truck bellhousing. It appears there is some kind of cover on the lower half [below the crank] that I do not have. Does anyone have one of these and if not is it something that would be easy to fab up? Thanks,

Darryl C. Lewallen Clarkesville, Ga.
    Darryl C. Lewallen Clarkesville, Ga.

It wouldn't be hard to fab one, Darryl, if you've got decent metal-working skills. The toughest part would be accurately cutting the hole for the starter nose and bolts that go thru it.
    I installed that very piece on my truck's new engine yesterday. I'll see if I have another lyin' about. I have 3 extra truck bellhousings.[:0]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Darryl, I did find one in my parts shed. Contact me if interested.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob, Are they Ford or Chev. patterns for the trans bolts? How much do you want for them? and are you comming down to the Peterson next month?

Comment

Alan, they take a T85 tranny. No, I wasn't planning on coming south next month.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Bob, I mailed you but it bounced back.

Comment

<Sigh> I'm still having trouble with my E-mail. I DID get my ISP to tell me that THEY'VE been having problems with the mail server[8] I guess I'll have to get a Yahoo account or something![}]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
              X