Avanti Fuel Tank Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Fuel Tank Capacity

Does anyone know the total tank capacity on a 1982 Avanti II. There is nothing in the owners handbook and I cannot find anything on line. I could not even find the capacity on the Studebaker tank.

I am guessing it has to be around 20 plus gallons. We drive it a lot and it never needs much gas. I put 5 gallons in it today and the needle only moved from between 1/4 and a 1/2 to slightly over 1/2 tank.

Thanks

Steve

Steve
    If it's the same as the Stude then according to the manual it's 21 gal.
    pb

Comment

It's a 21-gallon tank but I don't know if anyone has been able to actually get that much gas in one. I don't think the tank changed until they came out with convertibles which needed a smaller tank to give the top an area to close into.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Thanks Guys, we are making a trip in the car this weekend and I was trying to figure how far that tank would get me and if the gauge was reading correctly. I think it is because when we got the car it was on dead empty and it went to almost half a tank when I put 10 gals in it.

Thanks again,

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X