Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

50 Starlight Coupe help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 Starlight Coupe help needed

I guess that I should have posted this in this forum rather than General Discussion, so here it is:
    I recently acquired a 1950 Starlight Coupe, (original owner if you do not count the son who inherited and sold it) not in good shape, but rebuildable. Engine condition unknown, but it came with a spare engine, also condition unknown. I want to strip the car down to the frame and then rebuild the car entirely. Ambitious I know. but doable. At the same time I want to upgrade 'stuff,' i.e. brakes, steering, electrical components and comfort. I know that this may appear to be a sacrilege to die-hard Studebaker enthusiasts, but I cannot envision driving a car with sixty year old technology. Engine-wise I am contemplating a newer style 4 cylinder or V-6 with an automatic transmission. I feel sure that someone has been down this trail before and I am hoping for advice and tips so that I do not have to back up too many times. ( I am including my email in case someone wants to severely berate me for messing with the purity of Studebakers)! bremike@aol.com

I am almost done with the same process on a 52 Studebaker. Engine swap, complete chassis refurb, paint, bodywork, some enhancements along the way.
    Here's the thing, I started 13 years ago.
    It really takes a long time, and a lot of money to do what you want to do. Of course your project may go way quicker than mine. Make a plan and get started. But you might think about keeping to together and do things a section at a time.

www.studebakerhardtop.com

Comment

Working...
    X