Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

A/C delete complete, now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C delete complete, now....

After dragging my feet (and other body parts) on this issue, I finally removed all of the A/C components from my '65 Daytona.(Stay tuned for a future ad on the SSP.)With the compressor and other stuff out of the way, I found that I need a different alternator bracket.Not knowing exactly what I needed, I gambled $6 at a swap meet and bought 2 brackets, neither of which fit.A buddy at work gave me one; it was close but not useable. I went to the local FLAPS this morning and bought a flat 'universal fit'bracket. Not only was it a tad too long;it was too fat to snug up to the water pump.
    It appears that the part I need must be flat,be more than 11" and less than 14 1/2".And BTW I had to buy another (correct)alternator belt.
    A quick check in the Chassis and Body Parts catalog shows that this could be part #1563503 (I think??).Any advice or leads on something that would work would be appreciated.Thanks again fellas.

Being a Chevy engine, the part should be common as dirt. Check eBay.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Bams.This is what I assumed but I thought that somebody would have one of these lying around.I'd rather deal with Studebaker folks than eBayers.Got an old Chevy guy I can talk to; if not it's off to the junkyard.Thanks again.

Comment

Start with what ya got, cut, grind, weld, grind some more, & paint... Voila!

Salina, KS, by way of Las Vegas, NV
        '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Have you contacted Studebaker International? Although the engine is a Chevy, there are differences. I was going to put power steering in my 66 but found the stock Chevy power steering pump bracket interferred with the steering linkage. I dont think the alternator was mounted on the passenger (right) side on Chevys either.

60 Lark convertible
          61 Champ
          62 Daytona convertible
          63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2)
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Do you need the alt. mounting bracket, or the adjusting arm? I may have both.
            Jim Sinclair
            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
            X